Trouble with instalation

A few months ago I uninstalled NCS for some reason that I have since forgotten and have been fighting on and off to reinstall it. When I try to install I get this message twice.
Screenshot 2023-07-28 10.58.26
I have made sure that i have done it as an administrator and followed every hint I can find. I finally learned how to extract the contents of the install file, ncs-inst-x64.exe. I have downloaded the file nearly 20 times and always get the same errors. When I did the extraction I hound an msi file, NetcamStudio_64.msi. I then used msiexe to install it and logged the error. Here is the log file:

=== Logging started: 7/27/2023 21:10:28 ===
Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action AI_DETECT_MODERNWIN, entry: DetectModernWindows, library: C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI986F.tmp
=== Logging stopped: 7/27/2023 21:10:33 ===

So it can;t find
C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI986F.tmp
Neither can I. M\SI9865F.tmp is not in my computer and google can’t find it either. What is going on? I’m suppose to get it from another install? It is suppose to have been install by something before it? C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Local\Temp\ permissions are allow for the system and everything else I can see.

I have no idea what’s going on, but you should not extract the installation file. That’s wrong.
What might have happened is that when you download the installation file the computer sets it to something for security so it cannot be started correct.
Right-Click on the file and select properties. At the bottom of that info box you might find a tic box that is enabled. I don’t remeber the name just now, but untic it and close. Double-click on the file and I hope the installation runs correct.

Hendrik, Thank you for trying.

Neither check boxes are set.
I ran the normal install as I am suppose to as administrator. It creates a log file in C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Local\Temp. Here is the contents of that file:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action AI_DpiContentScale, entry: DpiContentScale, library: C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI23C0.tmp
Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action AI_DETECT_MODERNWIN, entry: DetectModernWindows, library: C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI7CDD.tmp

The log file goes away when I end the install process. It looks like it can create the log file in the directory where it expects the tmp folder, suggesting that it has right to that location. At least we know part of why it thinks there are 2 dlls missing and what it thinks their names are. We just don’t know why they were not made.

Thank you, Kent

This is a windows error code so I did a search for
error 1723 windows installer
and there are plenty how to solve this.