Unable to see webcam on new 1.5 update

I am having issue with the software after the latest update. When I load up my netcam software on my PC. I cannot see my webcam anymore. Even when I go to add source. It is not listed there. Can someone help?

Usually when I load it up my camera is displayed and I can see myself on camera. But now everything is blank.

Also all my rules and settings have been deleted when it updated somehow. What happened?

Hi,
If you go from version 1.3.7 to latest 1.5.4 version found here Netcam Studio 1.5.6 it is a major upgrade with many big changes. The webcam is under the tab Local sources. If it is an usb connected web camera exit ncs x, unplug and plug the camera back in again and start NCS X. Now it should be visible in the tab local sources.
For the settings nothing should have changed. There is a new structure for NCS that might have affected some parameters.
-Henrik

Just tested it and it didn’t show still

Did you have 32-bit version before and did you again install 32-bit version ?

I’ve always had 64 bit

so try 32-bit because it really looks like you had 32-bit version before…

Just tried it doesn’t work either. Same blank space.

Also I have the webcam pro 9000. Tested with skype and camera works.

On your screenshot i see some errors/exceptions being reported in the console and it didn’t load completely (console log on bottom is grayed out).

Probably netcam studio is not properly initalized because the port 8100, 8120 or 8124 was already in use.

What should I do? I didn’t have to do much to set it up in the earlier version.

Hi,
On the screenshot above it seems as the Source field is grayed out. As Steve say above this usually indicates that something is interfering with NCS and the port 8100, 8120 and 8124 are already in use. Either you have some other application running that use some of these ports or it can be left over from an earlier installation from NCS. Exit NCS. I would say that the easiest way is to reboot the computer and then restart NCS X. If it is left over from earlier NCS this should help.
-Henrik

Hmm restarting didn’t help either.

OK,
-do you have something else that use these ports? Start Resource Monitor. In the picture below I have NCS running and the 3 ports in use. If NCS do not run nothing else should use these 3 ports.

-if something use these port kill that proceess and find what program it is.
-if nothing use these port is suggest that you do a clean installation of NCS 154.
-uninstall ncs 154. Then go to C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio - 64-bit and delete netam studio folder.
-go to C:\ProgramData\Moonware and delete what is in there.
-install NCS 154 again
-start and …

-Henrik

Well there was nothing else using the port.

Good news is it works again after following your reinstallation instruction.

Thanks! Now I just have to reconfigure everything again.

Excellent! A happy ending of the week :slight_smile:
Have a good one!
-Henrik