Unhandled exception in NCS win client version 1.9.2

Netcam Studio X Server is fine but Netcam Studio Client 64 bit gives and unhandled exception error when I click on ‘Notifications & Synchronization’. Text reads, 'Could not load file or assembly ‘Moonware Mini.Http.version = 1.9.2.0. Culture = neutral. Public token = null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find specified file.
I have removed my previous version of NCS and performed a clean installation of this version but the error remains.
Thanks a lot
John Tarry

Ha, thanks for that one!
-Henrik

Henrik,

Things that I forgot to mention in my first post, I’m running Windows 10 and I checked the folder C://ProgamData/Moonware/Netcam Studio/Client and find that it is empty. I had various error messages when I was trying to download the installation file from your site telling me that it was a danger. I turned off Bitdefender and Windows Defender. I still got the warnings so I downloaded the file to a USB device on another computer then installed it onto to the correct computer from there. Installation went without a hitch. Sorry to be a nuisance.
John Tarry

Hi John,
Thanks for info. Well something is strange. I get this also with an old test installation that I have used for weeks so …
-Henrik

Henrik,
Another update, I have loaded this file onto another computer only to find there is the exact same problem. Could there be a problem with the file that I have down loaded from your site? I have scanned it with Bitdefender which gave it a clean bill of health - no Covid-19 then!

I am not sure, but it seems to have something to do with licenses, not our licenses. I have the same problem with this version that I have been running for 3 weeks and suddenly this. I am waiting for my colleagues to find out the problem. But run the server version that works as it should.
No need for extra test.
Thanks,
Henrik

Hi,
We had a little problem with the windows client in version 1.9.2. The problem is now solved so please download a new version from the website https://netcamstudio.com/
Thanks,
Henrik

Henrik,
Version 1.9.2 downloaded and installed. It works perfectly. Thank you for your trouble.

John

1 Like