Updated from 1.0.6 to 1.1.5 - Cameras are lost!

I just updated the x64 version of Netcam Studio, and all my camera settings were lost. Users are still present, but I’m unable to log on using the web interface.

Is there anything I can do to restore the cameras?

EDIT: I couldn’t log on because there was no cameras there. I added one, and that problem sorted itself out. But still; all 16 cameras are gone, as are rules for motion detection. :frowning:

#Moskus - Did you save your settings before updating to 1.1.5?

I’ve done a couple different methods to ensure I have a backup of my settings.

1. There’s a lot of free applications that will copy folders or files to a destination of your choosing. You could backup your settings to another folder, drive, or cloud.
  2. The old fashion way of backing up…Manually. Just grab (copy/paste) the folders before making big changes and make of copy of them.

I’m going to request a feature to save a copy of your settings to a location of your choosing. I think it would be helpful to everyone if they could choose to save their settings right within the program. This would still be great to have, even after they get the “Upgrade” bug fixed.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, my settings are saved, and I can restart the server (and computer) without hickups.

I did not back up the config files, as I figured the upgrading wouldn’t affect them (why would it?!)… :wink:

Which folders do I need to back up?

You can manually backup as @Moskus instruction by copy these files:
C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio\NetcamStudio.Client.exe.config
C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio\NetcamStudio.Service.exe.config
C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio\NetcamStudioX.exe.config
and
C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server\Server.config
C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server\Rules.xml
C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server\Library.xml
Then replace to the same folder after installing new version.

1 Like