Upgrade to a new version

Hello, Henrik.
I bought NCS X ver. 1.3.7.2 for 64 users 1-2 years ago. I want to update this versin by new: 1.7.0

1. Can I do it for free? Or I’ll must rebuy this software?
  2. I hope, my settings and video sources will be not changed after upgrade? Or I’ll must made import\export?
    Thank you!
    With the best regards!

Hi there,

As always at Netcam Studio we are generous :blush: so no charges for the upgrade.
Upgrade from 1372 is a big step and a lot of things has happened with the software so just doing an automatic update will most likely not work. So you will do a clean installation meaning that you need to start all over.
Before you do anything write down how each camera is connected to NCS; which template, custom URL or … IP number, logins and whatever more. Do you have many user or Rules write that down and all information necessary to start new. Save also the installation program for NCS 1.3.7.2
Here you have the important folder C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server Copy the content of that folder to a safe place. The Server.config which is a readable file contains all important configuration information about the cameras.

When all backups are done start installation program for NCS 1372 and select Remove.
Go back to C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server and delete all. If you have a lot of important Recordings keep that folder.The file Lic.dat contains license information so keep that one also.

Start installation program for NCS 1.7.0 and install it. Start NCS X and Add the cameras, Rules etc.

-Henrik

Thank you, Henrik, for your soon and full reply! I’ll do it!

1 Like

Henrik, I purchased a license for four cams some time ago, not sure how long. My version is 1.6.1.0 Do I need to repurchase and would the above installation instructions be the same.

Thanks

Hi there!
Just download the latest version 1.7.0 from the website. Going from version 1.6.1 to 1.7.0 is a rather small step so just start the installation program and follow instructions.
Good luck,
Henrik