WebcamXP and Open Broadcaster Software

HI and Happy New Year.

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I camera and I’m struggling to get Open Broadcaster Software to get an image for the camera.

Using Webcam 7 Pro broadcast HTTP I have no problems streaming camera images, its the interface to OBS that I can’t configure.

On the OBS IPCam Properties I have selected Template Mode, and the correct camera and I’ve tried numerous permutation’s of IP Address including rtsp://192.168.1.200:554/Streaming/Channels/1 but I can’t get anything to show.

Can some kind sole tell me where I’m going wrong please.

Thanks

Ian

Hi! I am not familiar with WebcamXP, but usually when using rtsp protocol you need to add the credentials so rtsp://username:password@192.168.1.200:554/Streaming/Channels/1

If you are using the free version I would recommend you to move to the NetCam Studio free version http://www.netcamstudio.com if there are no special reason for the WebcamXP. Please, report back how it goes.
-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for taking the time to help me, I certainly tried using netcamstudio but still struggled, so I went back to trying to get OBS to work and I can report success!!

Within OBS when you add a video capture device, a menu opens for device selection, within the dropdown menu was IP Camera, entering configuration for this was my make and model of IP Camera and this is where I was going wrong, I should have looked at other options within the Camera Brand and selected webcamXP.

Entering the rest of the IP settings from Webcam 7 Broadcast (HTTP) page, everything fired up ::smile:

Thanks again,

Ian

Excellent! I wish you a good Surveillance Year!