Windows 11 feedback with NCS

Just thought I would provide some feedback regarding using Netcam Studio with Windows 11. A few weeks ago, my server failed, so I took the opportunity to buy a new one. Fresh install of Windows 10, and immediate upgrade to Windows 11, followed by a fresh install of Netcam Studio, not forgetting to set the service to “Delayed Start”, and disable all power saving settings and screen saver etc. Once I had added my 7 cameras (one Wi-Fi, 6 wired), I noticed it seemed to be smoother and better quality images / videos, even though I used identical settings to my previous install. Very occasionally, the Wi-Fi camera would disconnect (cheap camera), but would re-connect itself around 5-10 minutes later. So far, on Windows 11, I’ve only had it disconnect once, and it reconnected within 30 seconds. Overall it seems to run perfectly. I have Windows 11 set to take all updates automatically, and reboot automatically as and when needed (so little or no input required from myself). It’s been about a month now, no issues to report, and NCS seems to marry nicely with Windows 11. Hoping to upgrade to NCS v2 whenever that comes out :slight_smile: Keep up the good work @Henrik and team…!

1 Like

Hi Tony,
Thank you very much for this valuable feedback and the sheering :slight_smile:
First, when writing this text Netcam Studio is not officially approved for Windows 11.
However, I have been running NCS on Windows 11 for about a year now and I agree that it seems to work very well with WIndows 11.
Thanks,
Henrik with team.

1 Like

@Henrik Not sure if it makes any difference, but the computer used for NCS is only used for NCS. The only other installation is a remote access/control app, so I can access and maintain the system when away from home. An SSD for Windows, NCS, and the remote app. And a second normal large-capacity HDD for the library. I had experimented with multiple configurations in the past, but this way seems to work the best.

1 Like