Fentac V380 Connection

Hi there,

I recently obtained a Fentac V380 (from Amazon). Their mobile and desktop app “work” but I want to integrate the feed into my Netcam Studio. I have been trying for a week now to get it to work, and I am not succeeding. The information I have is as follows:
Local IP is: 192.168.2.13
Local Port is: 5050
Local Username is: admin
Local Password is: password1

I have tried the ONVIF Source, which detects the camera, but when I put in the credentials and click connect, nothing else happens.

I have tried custom URL, but it appears as if I cannot locate what the exact URL is, which is why it is failing.

I have been unable to identify the type of source view (MJPEG, etc). I am hoping you have a trick up your sleep to work.

Hi,
Yes, to find the correct URL is the million dollar question :wink:.It use h.264 and it supports onvif. I have not found any information about the URL rtsp://xxx The port number 5050 is for what? For streaming video it is usually 554. For onvif it is a standard port that I don´t remember for the moment. Strange that you cannot connect with onvif. Are you sure about the logins? When I use the wrong ones I can see that it sends the login, but then nothing happens.
If you go into the camera configuration there might be some info about connection string.
You can also use the program onvif Device Manager in which you find a lot of useful info. I think it is in the menu Image where you can see the URL at the top.

-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Your expertise is appreciated. The port appears to be for streaming. They have a PC app that discovers the cameras (all of the Fentac cameras) and you can use their software to watch. When it locates it, it uses the port 5050. I am assuming this is for streaming purposes. However, when I try to visit this URL via a browser or VLC, no luck. I could just be doing it wrong. I personally do not know a whole lot about ONVIF, however, I am sure that I using the correct credentials because I have changed it a few hours ago to ensure I was doing so.

Now, I downloaded ONVIF Device Manager (amazing program - thank you for pointing me to this) and it can pickup and view the live stream. No credentials required…could this be because I just blanked out the password on the camera and the default username is admin? So right now credentials are a username of an admin and no password? Now I tried using these credentials on Netcam, and it still continues to not proceed after pressing connecting. With a username, and without a username.

Now if I take the stream URL from ONVIF and use it under Custom source, it works, but then my camera lacks the function of PTZ features - which if I am correct, by connecting with ONVIF, I would be able to use these features? If I cannot get it to work, I can’t, but I’d like to try.

Your help is appreciated Henrik.

Thank you,
Brandin A.

Hi!
Good you can connect it. Device Managaer do not use any logins. onvif is only used for discovery in NCS at this time. To use PTZ in NCS it must be a template since PTZ use other ports and http. The PTZ commands are also a trick to find. We have discussed to also use the PTZ information in the onvif, but we are not there yet.

By the way, can you write the URL here so the next user can use that.

-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Is it safe to say that the only way to use PTZ in Netcam for this camera will be when a Netcam Camera template is added?

For future reference, the V380 worked using RTSP_HTTP url: rtsp://192.168.2.13/live/ch00_1

Thank you,
Brandin A.

Yes!
Thanks!
Stream type: rtsp_tcp
rtsp://username:password@ipnumber/live/ch00_1

-Henrik

1 Like

Did anyone find out how to use the PTZ function in the V380?

/Urban

Hi,
Check if the camera with latest firmware support onvif. If so, add the camera using the onvif tab.
-Henrik

My camera says it is a V380E and firmware is very new, think it was may 2017 but still cannot connect using ONVIF although ONVIF manager finds it.
I am in the exact same position as Brandin A. and have never found any PTZ solution online. PTZ only works with V380 app on my iphone and MVCMS_lite on PC.

/Urban

1 Like

Same here. Something new?

If ONVIF device manager detects the camera follow the part about adding ONVIF to NCS in this post

Thanks for answering.
I found the solution after talking with the support team of these cameras. It is necessary to upgrade the firmware of the camera to open the onvif ports.

1.- Unzip the files
2.- Copy the files to the root of the microSD
3.- Restart the camera
4.- Wait until the update finishes, listening if you have a horn or watching the LEDs
5.- Check that the ports have been opened
6.- Delete the SD update files

Upgrade Files:
http://destyy.com/wG16ab

4 Likes

Hi,
Excellent! Thanks for sharing. I think this will avoid lot of headaches :slight_smile:
-Henrik

Thanks for the solution @sk8darr!

I’m also happy to see how much exposure this thread has gotten from the users who use V380, and hopefully started using this amazing software they didn’t realized existed!

Thanks again @Henrik for your help around here as always.

Brandin.

1 Like

hi,

i have tried this steps but problem is not solved,
anyone still having this problem ?
can i get the technical support contact ?

thank you,
ben

I have a webcam of the same make (Shenzen Bilian Electronics) and scanned the ports using Angry IP scanner. I found that on my device (the 360EYE), the ONVIF port is 8899. There are also open ports on 5040, 5050, 5051, 7050 and 8800.

That link doesn’t seem to be working anymore, can you repost please?

http://destyy.com/wG16ab

Hi. I just verified the link and it continues to work correctly. It is a file on Google Drive with a link shortener. Just wait a few seconds on the redirect page and then click on the remove advertising button. Then it will take you to Google drive and it will tell you that you can not open the file but you can download it. You download and ready

Hi can i get technical support contact? I have tried the file and steps without success

Hi.
In the postings above you can read what I (Netcam Studio) know about this camera. Contact users in the forum for assistance.
-Henrik