How to unregister old android devices from push notifications server

Hi,

I’ve changed my Android phone 2 times this year. In all 3 I’ve used Netcam Studio Mobile, but when I switched from one to the next, I never “disable notifications”…

I’ve gone to server logs because with the last one I don’t receive push notifications, and I see messages in the server logs that says: Push notification with message: blablabla sent to 3 device(s)… I asume that push server is trying to deliver the same message to all 3 devices, but obviously I just have one of them… How could I remove the non valid registrations?

Hi,
Read ALL before doing anything. There a couple of ways to do this.

1.To do this you need to edit the file Netcam.Security.xml located C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server
There you will have the units connected to NCS and their tokens. For example in my case I have a Lenovo Tablet:

<Device>
  <Device>LENOVO Lenovo TB-X304F</Device>
  <Enabled>true</Enabled>
  <OperatingSystem>Android 7.1.1</OperatingSystem>
  <PushToken>fTco9gkli5M:APA91bF7yHw4exZdqajLWPHRgU1nx-M0gTA6yVHKrCh-OfomHxk8cSZdqH2GP83paZpg_YClfkM7P1EDulZqsbsJyPHu_oaGA-Y3dFIig4S8hPeWAGdci-QGm_DZiLSbF-zn37wJAvnQ</PushToken>
  <CreationDate>2018-02-07T21:13:18.7749626+01:00</CreationDate>
</Device>

You need to delete this device.
2.Instead of deleting you can test to change Enabled= true to Enabled=false and restart.

3.Alternative is to copy the Netcam.Security.xml file to a secure place. Delete the file in the NCS folder and start NCS. There will be a new Netcam.Security.xml file generated only with admin. So you need to add the users again.

OBS! These are system files so be careful!

-Henrik

Perfect Henrik. It worked, and by the way I could register Ok my current device, that I was having problems to get push notifications. May be there’s a limit of three different devices registered to send push notifications… ¿?

Thanks again.

1 Like