Netcam Studio does not start - problems with KERNELBASE.dll

Before you start that process test NCS on another computer if possible.

Yes, I did, no problems there.

1 Like

I had a backup system image from Sep 19, which I restored. Thereafter NCS would start, but inform me that the version was too old and force me to update. After that it would start, but subsequent Windows updates would lead me back to the same kernelbase.dll error. Is there any order these these things should happen in, ie, better to update NCS before WIndows or vice versa?

I donĀ“t know.
It works on another system so obviously you have a problem with this system. Since you use the free version only latest system will work. If you install Windows again it will probably work.
-Henrik

Has there been any resolution to this? I have recently started getting the same Error1064 trying to start the Netcam service. I have tried everything listed in this thread short of re-installing Windows (I really donā€™t intend to go through all that in order to get 1 program to work which worked perfectly well until a week ago). I have performed a 2 week old system restore which has not helped.
I am running the free v1.9.2 and if you are unable or unwilling to fix this then it is clear that I will need to find a new program, or is it only the free version that has the problem!

Itā€™s been patch Tuesday for Windows and most likely that whatā€™s hsppened. Sometimes it nesses things up. Uninstall latest Windows update. Run Netcam Studio X server, blue icon. Hopefully it will run. Install the uodate again.
-Henrik

OK, Iā€™ve uninstalled all windows updates from the last 2 months.
Completely uninstalled NCS
Reinstalled NCS v 1.9.2.0 (Complete)
When I run NCSX server all I see is the Console Log with Debug Outputs such as
ā€˜EventLogger has not been initializedā€™
ā€˜Couldnā€™t log message Source:ā€¦ā€™
All buttons are greyed out except ā€˜Aboutā€™ and ā€˜Enter Licenseā€™. Since I a do not have a license key I cannot go any further
I still get Error 1064 when I try to start the NCS Service

The free version is outdated and we are waiting for a new version. Here is a workaround Outdated even when 1.9.2.0 installed - #16 by ericmlaing make that work first.
NCS X must work before the service can work.
Did you do this How to make a clean installation of Netcam Studio or use free Revo uninstaller or similar.

I have the paid version. I have tried everything listed above and can still not get the service or the program to start. It has been down since Tuesdays update.

If I ever do get it going again, it would be nice if netcam allowed you to save a config file to install once you have done a clean install so that you do not have to setup the cameras again. Not a big deal if you have 1 or 2, but when you have 16 its a bit of a nightmare. Especially since this is the second time a Windows update has taken out my netcam.

Read this How to move Netcam Studio to another computer with a minimum of downtime
In the server.config you have the cameras.
Uninstall the windows update usually the one updating the framework. Make sure NCS runs. Install update again.

I have tried thisā€¦ still not working.

I got it. Guess I wasnā€™t deleting everything.

1 Like